Recent Posts

martes, 12 de mayo de 2015

Short love letter to London

So I've been in 5 star hotels and fine dining restaurants. "Take her to dinner on the forty-fifth floor at a restaurant far beyond your means." someone recommends to a stranger, if that's the case of an unadventurous person.
London: Sometimes I think you know nothing about love.
Therefore here's my love letter to you.
Because after many speeches on weddings starting with "you look stunning tonight" and many engagement rings delivered inside champagne glasses, I've seen also curious eyes looking for extraordinary delights. I've heard (and read) real words much less fancy than those ones. Words that would make you week in the knees. I've seen them and heard them and read them in basements with not more light than the flame of a candle. And they are worth much more than a Michael Kors purse, or a night at The Ritz.
I've seen girls in love with no make up on, riding the tube on their way back home.
What a beautiful sight from my seat, when their cheeks are blushing and their eyes smile in shy tears.
London, you can be exhausting and demanding but you are a playground, and a movie set.
You've surprised me with uncertain road trips, unknown places where strangers gather around fireplaces and have hot tea or cold beer, both ways to escape from the winter.
You've given me beautiful moments where I just listened to stories from all around the world. All of which lead to you again, not as a cruel vice, but as an inescapable and spiritual mandala.
I've counted coins to pay my rent and had cheap noodles for dinner. I've suffered from emergency tax codes and overdrafts fees. But on the night bus we've written poems, London, poems for you.
I've seen my best friends fulfilling their dreams down your roads. Dreams of art, and freedom, and simple lives of their own. With ice coffee in the summer by the window, enjoying the seasonal sun.
I've invoked Daimoku by the shades of your trees at my favorite parks. And I've chosen roof terraces from the side walk, to come back one day, all the places I haven't been to yet. I've discovered secret gardens and had long walks watching one neighborhood become the next one on silent nights. I've smelled the air by the river, and reminded my self how far from home I am. But it's ok. Because as it is with love, I still choose you with your ups and downs, you've given me reasons to smile.
I've felt the beat in my chest in a dark room. I've met countless creators, and wise friends who the only thing they have to offer, is a priceless source of inspiration.
I don't want dinner on the forty-fifth floor at a restaurant. I just want all this invisible power around us that makes our life bigger, bigger every day.

I don't want to see you change.
Yours truly.
Xxx

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario